Why Should I be Good?

Team Name: Maximus Dramaticus




Read the previous part here: Past Diaries Open Up


“Well. It’s a haunting story. A story that will kill all the goodness that still remains in your heart.
Would you still want to know?
Are you sure?
Are you?
I won’t keep any secrets except the secret itself.

Ha ha!! No pun intended.

But why should I?
Have you ever cared about me?
Rather leave me aside, have you ever cared about a roadside beggar in the truest sense.
What moral rights do you have to dictate your terms and they have nothing else, but to live accordingly?

Indiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…!!
We are such a huge country with 1.2 billion population but who owns all the money?
The aspiring and successful people like you.
And what do people like me get?
Nothing except the disrespect that you throw at us.

You want to hire me for a night for your sensual pleasure?
Not anymore, you bastard, not anymore!

I will change the rules of the world!!
Do you get that?
Are you listening?
Why are you not replying?!
Are you afraid of me?
Aren’t you?
Oh My God!
You look pale and cold and blue!
The Razor blade did the job fantastically!
A clean shave indeed!
I love this colour…
The Rich Deep crimson Red!
I want to paint the whole world RED!!
And My Paintbrush is…Not a secret anymore!
Now you speak no more!
I have already punished you for your sin.
You are dead!
When all the freaking bastards like you will be dead, that will be the day of jubilation for us!!”

The Lady with the Razor had struck once again after 2 sensational murders in the Capital city of Delhi. A different place, a different personality, but modus operandi all the same. Who would have believed such a ghastly murder close to New Delhi Railway Station in the wee hours, but the death knows no limitations. And it was not all that she had planned. This was just one in a chain of 9 murders in the months on July-September’12.

.........................................................................................................................................

“Jenny, I was missing you all the time since you left Ladakh. You were the reason that a shy Cyrus turned a poet and started a blog of his own. Have you read that first blog post of mine? That I wrote when I was this chubby.” Cyrus explained with joy indicating towards their childhood picture.

“Cy, how could you remember me since then? I can faintly remember you that too after knowing your part of the story. So what else I do not know about you Mr Writer?” Jenny asked.

“Well, not much except that there is much more in the blog than meets the eye. About that sometime later, Jenny. It feels really nice to be with you once again. After these occurrences of Monday Nights, I was really afraid and quite alone but since you have come, I feel calmer and I am more committed towards solving the case.” Cyrus replied with concern.

“Dear Cy, I can understand you and trust me, I will be here till we solve the case and put all the sinners behind the bars.” Jenny was all the more concerned with Cyrus.

Cyrus heaved a sigh of relief and headed back to Chuna mandi with a resolve to share forensic report findings with Tara.

.........................................................................................................................................

Tara was relieved after talking to Aryan. She was so stupid to not call him at the first place when she came to Delhi. He was such a helping and trust-worthy guy that He would have helped them timely and they might have been back to Mumbai by now. Better late than Never!

She went to sleep with little Roohi beside her. She was missing Shekhar. Since last few days, He was really upset and was returning home at odd hours. Tara had no idea where he goes? What exactly he is doing? But she was concerned.

.........................................................................................................................................

Shekhar was bothered since last few days. His past was haunting him. Whatever he did was for a better future with his sweetheart Tara, but it was all getting messed up more and more. Dealing with Samantha and Paresh was taking a toll over him. He so wished both of them dead and case put to close. But it was not going to happen with Cyrus and Tara pushing up the case. He was not inherently a bad person, but he knew the difficulty of being good.

“Why be good in a world that is inherently bad. What’s the point of being good anyway? Be good, do good and you will never be understood. Being good serves no purpose. Why should I be good? If I can get away with it, why not be bad? I am no God. I am vulnerable. I have my limitations. I want to make my family happier. I want to dream bigger. I am good so long as it serves my self-interest. I am good to beloved Tara and little Roohi. But I’ve grown mature and subtly selfish, I realize that it is more beneficial to me that others are good. Anyway I will decide what is good for Me.”, Shekhar was talking to himself while waiting for someone. He was searching for a ray of hope in the gloomy night deep within.

.........................................................................................................................................

The sky was lit up with the morning Sun. Birds were twittering, a serene breeze was flowing outside. Cyrus was waiting for Tara to be free so that he can share the findings of Forensic Report. These disturbing incidents had made him impatient. Little Roohi was still sleeping with her paintbrushes and drawing book lying beside her. Cyrus, out of curiosity, took her sketch book and started turning pages.

She really loved to do paintings and some of them were really awe-inspiring. Then he came across a particular painting and his face turned pale. He was shocked to see this in the drawing book of little Roohi. He thanked God for if Tara would have seen that painting, she might just have known more than he wanted her to.  He tore the page and kept it in his pocket.

.........................................................................................................................................


Read the next part here: A Good News to Share

“Me and my team are participating in ‘Game Of Blogs’ at BlogAdda.com. #CelebrateBlogging with us.”

Comments

  1. Shekhar in dilemma to be good or not. What Roohi drew....waiting for next part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what did Roohi paint that put Shekhar in a quandary? This story is bent upon raising questions in every segment and keeping the adrenalin flowing...

    Arvind Passey
    www.passey.info

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Some are truly made of GREAT

Eat less sugar, You are sweet enough already

EVM Politics in UP Assembly Elections